I was just staring at a shiny marble-like bathroom counter, huge round sink and shiny chrome faucet here in the bathroom at Schiphol Airport. When I turned the water on using the swivel handle -- a nice, long, elegant swivel handle, perfectly clean, a luxurious stream of instant hot water -- I thought to myself, "Things are no longer the same."
Perhaps only the people who have been through something similar can understand, but there appears to me no greater contrast than the dirtiest bathrooms in India and the cleanest ones here in Schiphol.
Things have changed again, and so have I.
Note: I'd be just as happy in either bathroom. This entry is about having the soft gaze that observes change from a point of satisfaction. And a kind of child-like delight and surprise when things become even more beautiful.
And you can find really clean dust free bathrooms in India, but that would not describe were we have been -- roadside tea houses on twelve-hour rides through remote mountain areas for instance.
Monday, January 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
|
| ||||||
| Domo Geshe Rinpoche | Calendar | Student resources | Annual retreats | Store | Locations & contacts | |
1 comment:
I know what you mean Pema...
I just had a very long hot shower in my hotel in Amsterdam and a great meal with actual green salad and it all felt very good....
hope your trip home was good....and I am excited about you possibly coming to Kingston again...you are always welcome...
love to all
pema dorje
Post a Comment