Okay, I haven't used this (blog before), and being the last Sangha member in India I know everyone is wondering what I am doing--could only see how to write as a comment. It has been an eventful time, since saying goodbye to everyone that morning early on the 20th.
As planned I met with Tim Buckley later that morning after kora around this most incredible lake Tso Pema. As he wanted to introduce me to Dzongsar Jamyang Khyentse (as in The Cup, and Travelers and Magicians) who was on the way to Dharmasala. This guy was just like in the film My Perfect Teacher which Uzer and Drichab and I saw (and we all thought we should not give our Rinpoche any bad ideas). Anyway Khyentse Rinpoche was in the middle of a 4 week 12 hour per day reading initiation and one of his attendings told us he was "grumpy and tired". He spoke to Tim and stared with squinting eyes at me as he walked past and threw my kata on me, as I handed him Rinpoche's and my cards, he said "for me?" I said "yes,.. I like your movies". All
quite hilarious when I think back.
The cool thing is I met the personal assistant Tensin Palmo (proponent of nuns) who is quite interested in Tensin meeting our Rinpoche. Then Tim decided that he would go to Dharmasala with me and speak to the primary private secretary for HH regarding Rinpoche. Yes I did meet him, however briefly and I need to speak more about it to Rinpoche. Tim also introduced me to several good contacts which made my stay much easier before he went back to Tso Pema.
The whole experience of this trip feels rather unreal so I have a hard time blogging about it. I did see HH about as far away as I usually see him, as he was giving a public audience to new Tibetan arrivals, at least 200 of them. He arrived in Dharamsala just before I returned. I did the long cora my last morning there and there he was.
I also saw an old very kindly Khamtrul Rinpoche on private appt, but without a good translator. I could see he really was looking at me (is it vain for me to say I think he was pleased with my inner process? or maybe it was my inner guru). I told him I had a female Rinpoche in US and gave him her card. He repeated "Domo Geshe, Domo Geshe" as if he was remembering. Then he blessed me and told me how good it was that I was studying the Dharma and Boddhichitta. I gave some medical supplies. I could feel his presence for some time after I left his monastery.
Also visited the Rainmaker's (Mullin's books) monastery a very strong good feeling there. A Khenpo (=Geshe for Nyingma) made a Tagdrol Mantra for Rinpoche's student Jim Underwood who is still alive with pancreatic cancer.
The word Ngakma seems to be used instead of Ngakmo, or at least that is what they recognize.
In my doctor form, my analysis of the situation in Dharamsala is that we could really do something to help the enormously high TB rate there. Most go untreated. Met a Tibetan Medicine doctor who was very good. I told him nothing, he accurately said I have small small headaches and bowel problems, recent (just that AM and day before) and tearing eyes (not then, but off and on in India from pollution).
So many people have forgotten something and asked me for something I am sorry I just can't deliver all. Got the Tonkhas, perhaps the most important (but as glued to the
holding stakes are very heavy and hard to transport) .
Staying near Connaught place, went to Chandichuk, unable to find anymore Chod drums at all.
Much more to talk about but am tired.
Love,
Changchub
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
|
| ||||||
| Domo Geshe Rinpoche | Calendar | Student resources | Annual retreats | Store | Locations & contacts | |
1 comment:
HI Changchub
NIce to hear from you and it looks as if you have made very good use of your time there....good work on Rinpoche's and alll of our behalfs"(grammer???)
hope your trip home is smooth and interested to see where you end up with whatever job you end up taking....
much love
pema dorje
Post a Comment